Customer Service Overview

The Twelfth Judicial District is dedicated to serving the community by providing equal access to justice through the fair, timely and efficient resolution of all cases.  To that end, the Will County Circuit Clerk of Court provides assistance related to traffic, criminal, civil and family cases. 

The Customer Service department works to advance the ideals of the Circuit Clerk’s Office by acting as a conduit between court participants, judges, attorneys and entities of local government.  It is responsible for receiving and processing incoming customer requests including the payment of fines, purchasing copies and reports and filing documents in new and existing cases.  Customer Service Clerks assist court participants by answering questions and providing access to court forms, informational material and court scheduling.  

We hope that you experience excellent customer service from the Clerk’s office.  Please contact us if you have a question or comment about your service.

General/Customer Service FAQs

No. The Circuit Clerk’s Office is prohibited by law from giving any legal advice.
The Circuit Clerk’s Office cannot recommend a specific attorney or law firm. However, you may call the Will County Bar Association and ask about the Lawyer Referral Service they provide. The WCBA can be reached at (815) 726-0383. Further information can be found here.
The Will County Courthouse has a law library on the 3rd floor that is open during regular operating hours. Additionally, our website has a link for Legal Self-Help that contains information provided by Illinois Legal Aid.
Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 p.m., except for court holidays. Court holidays can be found on our website’s Holiday Schedule. Our Circuit Clerk’s Office is in the Main Courthouse on the first floor. The addresses of all our county court facilities can be found here.
First you must obtain a marriage license from the Will County Clerk. They can be contacted at (815) 740-4615. After that you can come to the courthouse (no appointment is necessary). Our special hours for marriages are Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Saturday at 8:30 a.m. There is a $10.00 fee. Weddings will take place on the first floor and as of June 2021 there is no guest limit.
As of February 1, 2022, you may bring in electronic devices such as cell phones, provided that you do not take pictures, video or audio recordings in the building.
The Sheriff’s Office Civil Process Division is located on the first floor of the main courthouse. More information, including contact information, can be found on their website, www.willcosheriff.org
Defendants charged with an offense carrying a possible jail sentence can request representation by the Will County Public Defender’s Office. More information about the office, including contact information, can be found on their website, www.willcountypublicdefender.com.
Parking for the main courthouse (100 W. Jefferson Street) can be found here: www.willcountycourts.com.
Court-appointed foreign language interpreters are utilized in civil and criminal matters. Sign language interpreters are also available for all cases whether criminal or civil in nature. To ensure adequate time to schedule sign language interpreters, arrangements should be made through the Office of the Chief Judge at (815) 727-8540 as early as possible. A court order requesting an interpreter will be required and must be signed by the judge before which the case is assigned. Electronic amplification devices are available for use and may be requested by contacting the Chief Judge's Office or Chief Bailiff at (815) 727-8535.
No. The Circuit Clerk’s Office no longer processes Passport Applications. For more information visit the State Department Website at www.travel.state.gov or call the Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778.
Marriage licenses, birth records or death records are provided by the Will County Clerk (not Circuit Clerk.)
Our court forms are available online here. If the particular form you are seeking is not available on this site then we do not offer it.
You can view case information online by clicking here. You can also use the public access terminals at the main courthouse or view physical files at the main courthouse during business hours or Nicholson Archive Center (by appointment only).
You will need to complete Form GOF 25 – Change of address form and submit to a customer service clerk along with the case number. That court form is available online here. Changes in address/contact information are not accepted over the phone.  You will need to provide a copy of a valid driver's license or state ID to update your address.
Questions regarding jury service should be directed to the Jury Commission at (815) 727-8612. You can visit their website at www.willcountyijuror.com.
The Clerk’s Office does not accept faxed or e-mailed documents or pleadings. E-Filing is available for certain case types. More information about e-filing can be found here.
Court motions, pleadings and other appropriate documents may be filed in person during our regular office hours in the main courthouse (100 W. Jefferson Street) or the River Valley Justice Center (3208 W. McDonough St.). All civil cases must be electronically filed, but you may do so at a courthouse if you wish.