Child Support Information

The Illinois State Disbursement Unit (SDU) is the payment processing center for Illinois child support payments. The SDU processes child support payments received from employers and non-custodial parents, then distributes the funds via check, direct deposit, or debit card to the receiving families. You may pay your child support payments to the Circuit Clerk directly only if you are ordered to do so by the judge in your case.

Child Support FAQs

If a payment has not been made and it has been more than 30 days since you received a payment, you should call the State Disbursement Unit at (866) 645-6348, or visit their website at www.ilsdu.com. You may also file a Notice of Motion and Motion to schedule a court date. These forms must be filed electronically.
If the custodial parent is not receiving their court-ordered child support payments and one parent lives outside Will County (either parent), contact:
Illinois Department of Health Care and Family Services Division of Child Support Services 16 W. Cass Avenue, 3rd Floor Joliet, IL 60432 (800) 447-4278 www.childsupportillinois.com
If both parents live in Will County, contact: Office of the Will County State’s Attorney 121 N. Chicago Street Joliet, IL 60432 (815)727-8453 www.willcountysao.com

Payment should be made to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) unless you are ordered by the judge to pay the Circuit Clerk. Customers can make telephonic or electronic payments to the SDU by contacting them at (866) 645-6348 or at www.ilsdu.com.
You may obtain an attorney. The Will County Bar Association at (815) 726-0383 can give you attorney or legal service referrals. You may also contact the State’s Attorney Child Support Division at (815) 727-8453 to see if you qualify for their services. If you do not want an attorney and want to file for child support on your own, you may go to the Law Library (815) 774-8536 located on the 4th floor of the Courthouse to see if they have forms or obtain forms from another source.
Federal and state law require that every state provide employers with one centralized location for the processing of income withholding for child support orders. To meet these requirements, the State of Illinois created the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). Since 10/1/99 all wage deductions have been processed by the SDU. State Disbursement Unit: (877) 225-7077.
You may order it in person or online here. Regular copy fees apply to document requests.
No. You must file a Motion and Notice of Motion with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and then appear in front of a judge. Child support can only be terminated by court order.
You must file a Motion and Notice of Motion with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and then appear in front of a judge. Child support can only be modified by court order.
In most cases this is because the State has not been given your social security number. You can fill out and file electronically the Notice of Personal Identity Information Within Court Filing data sheet (on our website under Forms - Child Support) which allows us to update your account with SDU. This should give you immediate access to your account.
Fill out form GOF 25A (on our website under Forms - General) and electronically file the document into your case.
Maintenance payments are not made through the SDU unless a child support order is also paid through the SDU. You may file a general motion and notice of motion in your case, and advise the judge on your court date.
Pay Child Support
Child Support Forms