Circuit Court Legal Holidays for 2016
PER ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 15-15 entitled "2016 LEGAL HOLIDAYS"
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
(a) The Circuit Court of Will County, Illinois shall adjourn and the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit
Court, Will County, Illinois, shall be closed on the following holidays for the year 2016.
- January 1 New Year’s Day Friday
- January 18 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday
- February 12 Lincoln’s Birthday Friday
- February 15 Washington’s Birthday (obsvd.) Monday
- March 25 Good Friday / Spring Recess Day Friday
- May 30 Memorial Day Monday
- July 4 Independence Day Monday
- September 5 Labor Day Monday
- October 10 Columbus Day (obsvd.) Monday
- November 11 Veterans’ Day Friday
- November 24 Thanksgiving Day Thursday
- November 25 Day Following Thanksgiving Day Friday
- December 26 Christmas Day (obsvd.) Monday
(b) All matters returnable on said legal holidays shall be continued to the next business day of this
(c) The time for ﬁling all motions and pleadings shall be extended to the next business day of this court.
(d) The Clerk of the Circuit Court is directed to transmit copies of this order to all Judges, the Sheriff,
State’s Attorney, the Will County Executive, the Law Library, all Clerk’s Ofﬁces, the Will County
Public Building Commission, the Warden of the Will County Adult Detention Facility, the Juvenile
Detention Facility, the Probation Department, the President of the Will County Bar Association, the
President of the Will County Black Bar Association, the President of the Latino Bar Association, the
President of the Women’s Bar Association, as well as posting copies on all Courthouse bulletin
boards and all public entrances and exits of the Courthouse.